Prepaid Cards Banking Guide for Online Casinos
When it comes to gambling payments, many players focus on three key criteria: security, transaction time and anonymity. Prepaid cards combine these aspects perfectly, and various Canadian gambling sites rely on these qualities.
Our small guide will provide you with basic information on using prepaid cards and reliable casino operators utilizing these payment options. In addition, you will learn how to top up your account through such cards and how we select casinos using them for our catalogue.
Prepaid Cards from a Casino Perspective
Here are some basic things you should know about this payment option:
- You can acquire such cards at various retail outlets. They are similar to gift cards and also store a certain purchased amount of money.
- Canadian online operators prefer to use Visa, Vanilla and Mastercard prepaid options, and the chances are high that your local stores sell them.
- Since some banks prohibit Canadians from making gambling deposits and withdrawals through their typical cards, the prepaid method is a great alternative for such a situation.
- Anonymity is one of the key benefits of this payment method. Since you do not need to link your prepaid cards to your bank account, you can get another layer of privacy for your gambling hobby.
- While prepaid cards have a transaction fee for each payment, it is a reasonably small fraction of your deposits.
- Such cards are a one-way payment method and are not suitable for withdrawal transactions. Therefore, if you are going to replenish your bankroll through a prepaid card, do not forget to choose an adequate withdrawal method before depositing a lot of money.
How to Top Up Your Balance with Prepaid Cards?
Pick a suitable gambling operator
Take a closer look at our directory of reputable online operators offering prepaid card payments. Choose a casino with the most suitable set of games, software studios, bonuses and create a new gaming profile.
Select the payment method you are interested in
As a rule, online casinos have Cashier or Deposit sections where you can view all available deposit options and select the one you need. In our case, one of the prepaid cards.
Fill in the required information
After you have selected the appropriate option, the casino operator will ask you to provide information about your prepaid card. In addition, some gambling establishments ask customers to share their real names and actual emails to conduct a transaction.
Choose a suitable amount of money
You can top up your account with any amount not exceeding the maximum limit of your prepaid card. Indicate the deposit that suits you in the appropriate field and confirm it.
Make sure the money appears in your account
Different gambling operators offer different terms for such transactions. However, most gaming platforms process these payments pretty fast - within one or two minutes. If you do not receive your funds on the balance for a suspiciously long time, contact the site’s customer service.
Why are Prepaid Cards Perfect for Gambling?
- Fast bankroll replenishment. You can be sure about the fast processing of your deposit transactions when utilizing prepaid cards.
- Safe vault for your money. Reputable financial organizations like Visa or Vanilla offer you payment cards that can definitely protect your finance reliably.
- More controlled gameplay. Many licensed gambling sites allow customers to set their personal limits on top-ups, but not all of them do. Therefore, if you have chosen an online casino that does not have a self-limiting option, prepaid cards will help you in this regard.
- Anonymous gambling. If you do not want to reflect your gambling hobby in your banking data, such cards are an excellent solution. They will allow you to make quick deposits without sharing your sensitive information.
How Our Team Selects Reliable Prepaid Card Casino Operators
The Canadian gaming market can offer you tons of prepaid card payment sites, but not all of them provide a decent customer experience. Our experts and gambling enthusiasts analyze all online casinos carefully and include them in the list if they meet some significant criteria only.
- Fast and smooth payments. A casino operator must provide players with not only fast but also uninterrupted deposits. In other words, if you decide to hold a spontaneous gambling session, your prepaid card payment option has to function correctly at any time.
- Various cards. The prepaid cards’ variability also plays a significant role. Just imagine that your local store no longer has Visa cards, and you need to buy some other company’s card. In this case, your online casino should provide you with several payment additional options. Plus, if one service does not work for some reason, you should always have an appropriate alternative.
- Bonus policy. In addition to the payment aspect, our specialists also consider casino operators’ activities from their bonuses’ perspective. An online casino should organize regular events and promotions to entertain players. Moreover, a gambling establishment should also offer customers reasonable conditions for its bonus initiatives.
- Legit gameplay. Nobody wants to play their favourite slot blaming a fraudulent online operator for every loss. With this in mind, our team only recommends sites that can prove their fair approach through licensing documents from reputable jurisdictions. Besides that, we give some additional points to platforms that have certificates from special testing laboratories. Such documents are another confirmation that the casino does not manipulate your winning chances, which is a vital factor.
Mobile adaptability. Any modern gambler will agree that mobile compatibility has long been an integral part of the industry. Therefore, no list of reputable casinos offering prepaid card top-ups can include sites with poor mobile responsiveness. Our experts consider this and select gambling operators who strive to satisfy not only desktop but also mobile players.
The best online casinos
Of current interest
Frequently asked questions
Do I need to share my payment details to make a prepaid card deposit?
No. Prepaid card payments have nothing to do with your banking information. However, some platforms ask players to share their names and emails for such transactions.
Where can I buy prepaid cards?
You can buy these cards at any local supermarket or other outlets.
Can I make withdrawal transactions using prepaid cards?
No. This payment option works for deposits only.
How fast do online casinos process prepaid card payments?
Casino operators process deposits no longer than a few minutes. In most cases, you will receive your funds in a matter of seconds.
What prepaid cards do Canadian players prefer the most?
Canadian players prefer to use Mogo Prepaid Visa, Vanilla Prepaid Mastercard, Desjardins Prepaid Card and several other options.